Travel to Arsenal
The Vienna international airport (VIE) in Schwechat is located approx. 20 km southeast of the city center. For transport from the airport to the city view the information below (prices from Sep. 2020). Further information can be found online here or at route planer for public transport in Vienna region from and to the airport.
- ÖBB (Austrian Federal Railways) - by Railjet or municipal railway to station "Geiselbergstraße". Duration 16 minutes; Tickets starting from 4.1 €, further information: Link
To reach TU, take the bus line 69A direction Simmering to Lilienthalgasse (6 stations).
- Bus (Vienna Airport Lines), every hour nonstop to "Wien Hauptbahnhof” (costs return ticket 13 €, one direction 8 €). There take Tramway 18 direction Schlachthausgasse to Wildgansplatz (4 stations) or the bus line 69A direction Simmering to Lilienthalgasse (6 stations).
- Taxi (costs app. 30-40 €). Information on airport transfer can be found here: Link Online-/Prebooking unsually is cheaper
- Arrival at Vienna Main Station "Hauptbahnhof"
Tramway 18 direction Schlachthausgasse to Wildgansplatz (4 stations) Bus line69A direction Simmering to Lilienthalgasse (6 stations)
Public transportation in Vienna
Tickets are available at the airport, all underground stations and tobacconists. Tram tickets can also be purchased online. (Hint: Maybe you want to consider a 24h or 48h ticket).
Nowadays a lot of moble apps for public transport in the Vienna region are available (e.g. OBB Scotty; "Wiener Linien" app, ...) giving you hand on planning your trips as well as purchasing tickets (e.g. via paypal).
- from the south and the east
Südautobahn (A2) - Südosttangente - Exit Gürtel - Arsenalstraße - Prinz Lilienthalgasse
- from the west
Westautobahn (A1) - Hietzinger Kai - Schönbrunner Straße – Gaudenzdorger Gürtel – Arsenalstraße - Lilienthalgasse
- from the north
Donauuferautobahn (A22) - Südosttangente - Exit Gürtel – Arsenalstraße - Lilienthalgasse
Parking garages Arsenal
Parking garages are available at Maria-Lassnig-Straße 28, Garage Hauptbahnhof Ost 1 or the Contipark underground car park Interspar Gudrunstraße, Hlawkagasse 8.